The class motto above the image of the campus reads, in full: "VINCIT QUI PATITUR".
The image of two buildings at center shows the last two building on the old Seminary Campus that was located at Second Street and College Avenue. The building on the left is the "Old College Building" (a.k.a. "First University Building") and the building at right is Science Hall.
(Top Row, L to R) Newton Broadus Smith, Charles Thomas Carpenter, Samuel Ernest Harwood, John Wilson Burton, William Boyer Durborow. (Second Row, L to R) James Albert Woodburn, Edgar Allen Shields, Charles Winfield Firebaugh, Finley Milligan Foster, John Isaac McLaughlin, Harbert Harrison Edwards, George Banta. (Third Row, L to R) Ole Anna Willson Hood, Ida May Parks Walker, Flora Bryan Weir, Alice Florine Richards Brunson, Flora Caroline Kendall, Lena Margaret Adams Beck. (Bottom Row, L to R) George Theophilus Herrick, William T. Brannaman, Samuel Brown Wylie, Henry Clay Montgomery, Harry Whitney Durand, Robert Francis Graham, Perry George Michener.
Photo ID Number: P0033793
“Class of 1876,” Indiana University Archives Exhibits, accessed November 24, 2020, http://collections.libraries.indiana.edu/iubarchives/items/show/549.